To be honest, it’s difficult to find an all-natural hair dye shampoo, if it exists. What you will get is natural hair colouring shampoo formulated with a less or reduced number of chemicals or synthetics combined with natural ingredients.
There are plenty of henna-based and plant-derived hair colours that can still give you a reasonable result. I will write a separate post on this subject.
Parabens, Resorcinol, PPD and Ammonia are often found in hair dye products. There are concerns by consumer watchdogs and the medical profession that these chemicals have a long term effect.
Wherever possible it’s better to avoid these types of chemicals. More so if your skin is very sensitive to any kind of chemical. It’s advisable then to choose a product that has more organic or natural ingredients in the product.
Benefits of Ammonia free hair dye shampoo
Herbishh Ammonia free hair dye shampoo. This is a hair dye shampoo that is very popular with end-use because Ammonia is not used in the product. The absence of Ammonia means your hair shaft will not be swollen to allow the dyes to get in. Also, it is known to be very harsh and can damage your hair.
Other side effects.
- Ammonia has a very pungent smell
- It irritates your eyes and nose
- It damages and makes your hair dry
- There is a good chance it may be the cause for your hair to fall.
Herbishh have added 6 natural ingredients to their product range.
- Herbal Mushroom – it helps in reducing premature hair loss and greying.
- Argan Oil – a popular natural ingredient known for preventing dryness in your hair.
- Fo-Ti Extract – this helps to stimulate hair growth
- Noni Extract – this is used to help strengthen hair growth
- Ginseng – known for preventing hair loss and clearing dandruff
- Olive oil – it helps to soften and strengthen your hair
- 3-IN-1 Safer Hair Dye – this shampoo is ammonia-free, sulphates free, and parabens free with no harsh chemicals.
- Easy to use– all pre-mixed, simply apply. This shampoo does not let off any nasty fumes or stain your skin. Just apply and cover your greys within 10-15 minutes tops.
- Competitively price – the dye lasts up to 3-4 weeks and you save by doing it yourself at home.
- Available in 12 different colours, this 500 ml shampoo dye colour will last for around 10 applications.
- Price: US 45.90 excluding shipping and tax
- Cheapest place to buy: Amazon.com
- Rank: 8.9 out of 10
- Various Colour: check stock availability
I dug deeper into end-users reviews and found the majority of customers were very satisfied with the end product. However, people with very sensitive skin should do a patch test to ensure there are no side effects.
One end-user reported on Amazon that there were PPD, Resorcinol, propylene glycol and MEA (Monoethanolamide ) found in the shampoo. If you check on EWG skin deep on these individual chemicals, you may find that there is a concern that these chemicals cause skin, lung and eye irritation. I strongly advise you to do your due diligence, even though the manufacturer has indicated that the shampoo does not contain Sulphates, Parabens and Ammonia.
If you are comfortable with the ingredients used and have no adverse effect on the patch test, then you can seriously look into using this product. It is definitely easy to use 3 in 1 hair dye shampoo, no mess, but best of all it is an affordable natural hair colouring shampoo.
If you found this post useful, please support by leaving your comments below.
Disclosure: Just a Heads Up: My posts may contain affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay a cent more, but I’ll get a small commission, which helps to keep the lights on. All discount is taken from the suggested retail price. Many thanks!
Disclaimer: These statements are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease. They are for information purposes only. They have not been evaluated by the FDA. You should read carefully all product packaging. If you suspect that you have a medical condition, seek help from your doctor.